Last updated November 2016
Altisource U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and credit information
- Demographic information, employment information and information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Account details, transaction and payment history
How is your data collected?
All financial companies need to share such customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information, the reasons Altisource chooses to share, and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||
Does Altisource share?
Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes — such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes — to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our Affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your transactions, experiences (excluding information about your creditworthiness)||Yes||No|
|For our Affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For non-Affiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
To limit our sharing
Please send us an email to OptOutRequest@Altisource.com, with your name and address, specifying any of the following options:
- Do not share information about my creditworthiness with your Affiliates for their everyday business purposes.
- Do not allow your Affiliates to use my personal information to market to me.
- Do not share my personal information with non-Affiliates to market their products and services to me (we don’t do this).
Please note that we will only take action in response to emails specifically identifying exactly one or more of the above options. Note: If you are no longer our customer, we may continue to use and/or share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing as described above.
Who is providing this notice?
Altisource Solutions S.à r.l. (“Altisource”)
How does Altisource protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Altisource collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information when you access our websites, for example, when you:
- Register on any of our websites
- Update any account information
- Use our websites (including when you add information on a web form or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our products and services)
- Acquire services and products through our websites
We may also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, Affiliates, third parties and public sources.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for Affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you (on their own behalf)
- Sharing for non-Affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you more rights to limit sharing. See the section below titled “Other important information” for additional rules that may apply under state law.
|Affiliates||Companies controlling Altisource, and companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.Our Affiliates include companies such as Altisource Business Solutions, Inc., Altisource Business Solutions Private Limited, Altisource Fulfillment Operations, Inc., Altisource Holdings, LLC, Altisource Holdings S.à r.l., Altisource Online Auction, Inc., Altisource Outsourcing Solutions S.R.L., Altisource Portfolio Solutions, Inc., Altisource Solutions, Inc., Altisource Solutions S.A., GoldenGator, LLC, Hubzu USA, Inc., Nationwide Credit, Inc., Premium Title Services, Inc., Premium Title of California, Inc., Premium Title Agency, Inc., PTS- Texas Inc., REALHome Services and Solutions, Inc., REIsmart, LLC, Springhouse, LLC, The Mortgage Partnership of America, LLC, Western Progressive – Arizona, Inc., Western Progressive – Nevada, Inc., Western Progressive Trustee, LLC, Western Progressive – Washington, Inc.|
|Non-affiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.|
|Joint Marketing||An agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.|
Other important information
Vermont: Under Vermont law, we will not share information we collect about Vermont residents with companies outside of our corporate family, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent to service your accounts or with other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. We will not share information about your creditworthiness within our corporate family except with your consent, but we may share information about our transactions or experiences with you within our corporate family without your consent.
California: Under California law, we will not share information we collect about you with companies outside of Altisource, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent, to service your accounts or to provide rewards or benefits to which you are entitled. We will limit sharing among our companies to the extent required by California law.
In the event that we receive any information pertaining to You through any third party with whom we have a separate agreement, our rights to use such information will be governed by such separate agreement rather than this Policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) PII is information that can be used (either alone or in combination with other information) to identify, contact or locate a unique person. This includes a person’s first name and last name or first initial and last name in combination with any one or more of the following data elements that relate to the person:
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Mother’s maiden name
- Payment card information
- Financial account numbers, with or without any required security code, access code, personal identification number or password, that would permit access to a person’s financial account
- Income tax records
- Driver’s license numbers or state-issued identification numbers
- Address information, such as home address or email address
- Telephone number
- Financial information
We may obtain PII about you directly from you, through your use of our Sites, products and services andfrom third parties and public sources.
If you create and account, and provided that your account is not disabled, you may log in to review or change certain PII you provided when you registered. However, you may not request changes to the transaction history related to your activities conducted on this or other Sites or on third-party websites.
We may also collect information about you from additional online and offline sources including commercially available third-party sources. We may combine this information with the PII and other information we have collected about you under this Policy.
In addition and notwithstanding anything in this Policy, Altisource will have the right to collect aggregated or de-identified data (e.g., data that does not identify an entity or natural person as the source thereof) resulting from your use of the Sites. To the extent that any aggregated or de-identified data is collected by us, we may use such data for any lawful purpose, provided that the data is used only in its aggregated or de-identified form.
Payment Card Information
We may accept payment card information to provide our customers with the convenience of purchasing our products and services online. Payment card information is defined as a credit card number (also 5 referred to as a primary account number or PAN) in combination with one or more of the following data elements:
- Cardholder name
- Service code
- Expiration date
- CVC2, CVV2 or CID value
- PIN or PIN block
Any payment card information that we collect is protected by Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology. Once submitted, we store only the information required to reference your original transaction (which cannot be used to process another charge transaction). We do not store your payment card information on file.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE
We may use the PII and other information we collect to:
- Verify your identity
- Process, evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized activity, claims and other liabilities
- Send you important information regarding the Sites, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information
- Allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities (some of these activities may have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your information)
- Control risk, and comply with laws, regulations and other legal process and law enforcement requirements
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, improving existing products and services, performing data analytics and accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Engage in marketing activities (e.g. to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you) and communicate with you about our products, services, and events
- Measure the effectiveness of our communications or the success of our marketing campaigns
- Ensure that the Sites function properly, diagnose server problems, administer the Sites, facilitate navigation, display information more effectively, and personalize your experience on the Sites
- Understand how people use the Sites, calculate Site usage levels, and compile statistics about usage and response rates
- Comply with and enforce legal requirements, industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies
We also may use the PII and other information in other ways consistent with the Notice or for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection, or for other legally permissible purposes related to our business.
Transfer of Information
We may share information, including PII, with third parties (such as buyers, assignees or other successors) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, debt financing, insolvency, bankruptcy, dissolution, sale, change of control, or liquidation), or take steps in anticipation of such transactions.
Law Enforcement, Disputes and Safety
We may share information, including PII, in connection with any lawsuit or proceeding, or in response to legally valid requests or demands from courts, law enforcement and other government agencies. Furthermore, we may disclose your information, including your PII, if we have a good faith belief disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation or selfregulation. We may also disclose your information to prevent fraud, for risk management purposes, or protect the safety of other users.
Links and Social Media
Consent to Transfer Information
If you are accessing the Sites from outside of the United States, please be aware that any information that we collect may be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. If you are accessing the Sites from the United States, please be aware that any information that we collect may be transferred to, processed and stored outside of your state or outside of the United States. Your use of the Sites constitutes your agreement to this transfer, processing and storage of your information.
Altisource does not knowingly collect information from children. Our products and services are not directed to or intended for children under the age of 13.
From time to time, we may send you communications, including e-mails, e-mail newsletters or Site news updates. If you no longer wish to receive these materials from us you may opt-out of receiving them; provided, however, that we may be required to continue to send certain legally-required or productupdate notices. This opt-out will not apply to transaction-related communications.
Opt-Out Procedure: In compliance with the Can-Spam Act of 2003, each marketing email transmitted by the Sites has instructions for opting out of receiving future emails. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing emails or phone calls from Altisource please send us an email to: OptOutRequest@Altisource.com; or call us at 1-855-373-7205.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY AND THE NOTICE
We may change this Policy and/or the Notice from time to time. Please review these documents periodically. Any change to this Policy or the Notice will become effective when posted. Your use of this Site following such revisions constitutes your agreement to the revised Policy or Notice.