PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
- Application fees cover the cost and administration for running individual background and credit checks.
- Applying to REALHome Services and Solutions, Inc. does not guarantee approval by the Landlord, nor does it constitute a lease for the home which you applied.
- Only if approved by the Landlord will you be given the opportunity to pay a deposit and sign a lease in order to reserve a property.
- We receive a lot of applications. However, many applicants do not receive approval, pay a deposit and/or sign a lease. We continue to accept applications until one applicant has completed all necessary steps to reserve the property. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis.
It is REALHome Services and Solutions, Inc.’s policy not to discriminate against any person because of that person’s race, color, creed or religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, military status, handicap, disability, or any other protected status. You may ask REALHome Services and Solutions, Inc. to consider any reasonable accommodation or modification you need because of a disability. Click here to download a Reasonable Accommodation / Modification Request Form Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow 5 business days for a response.
Occupancy Guidelines – The following occupancy standards apply based on two persons per bedroom, plus one per home. 1 Bedroom = 3 Persons; 2 Bedroom = 5 Persons; 3 Bedroom = 7 Persons; 4 Bedroom = 9 Persons; 5 Bedroom = 11 Persons. These occupancy standards do not apply to anyone protected under the Federal Fair Housing Guidelines as they relate to familial status. Familial status is defined as “one or more individuals (who have not attained the age of 18 years) being domiciled with a parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals; or the designee of such parent or other person having such custody, with the written permission of such parent or other person. The protections afforded against discrimination on the basis of familial status shall apply to any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any individual who has not attained the age of 18 years.” The Landlord reserves the right, however, to limit occupancy in unique situations due to the physical limitations of the property (for example, limitation of the building’s sewer and electrical systems) and state and local building codes that impose their own set of minimum space requirements per occupant.
Age – All Applicants who will be responsible for paying rent must be listed as tenants on the lease, be 18 years of age or older and pay the nonrefundable Application Fee ($45 per person except as prohibited by law). All occupants 18 years of age or older who will live in the property but will not be responsible for the rent, must be included in the Application, pay the nonrefundable Application Fee ($45 per person except as prohibited by law) and are required to be listed on the lease as occupants. Occupants who are younger than 18 years of age at the time that you complete the Application do not need to pay the application fee, but are required to be listed on the lease as occupants.
Credit Check – We will request a credit report on all applicants to verify credit worthiness. Credit checks are currently run through the following credit bureau: Equifax. All applicants must have a minimum average combined credit score of 500 or above (for example, if one applicant’s score is 480 and the other applicant’s score is 560, the combined average credit score is 520); however, tenants will not be disqualified solely for having a credit history.
- Please note: Applicants with an average combined credit score between 500 and 550 may be required to pay additional deposits or advanced rent to reserve a property.
Criminal Background Check – A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupants aged 18 years or older. A conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance is cause for an automatic denial of an application by the Landlord. Criminal convictions relating to violent acts, crimes of dishonesty or breach of trust, or matters of similar nature or severity, may be cause for denial of an application. In addition to the nature and severity of the conviction, the Landlord will consider factors including, without limitation, the amount of time that has passed since the relevant conviction and whether such conviction could reasonably be deemed to be indicative of a potential risk to safety and/or property.
Income – Applicants must provide proof of verifiable gross household monthly income. Total rent payment per month cannot be more than 35% of the applicants’ combined gross monthly income. Applicants who meet this criteria will only need to pay security deposit and first month’s rent prior to move-in.
- Please note: conditional approval may be granted to applicants in which total rent payment per month is between 36% and 45% of the applicants’ combined gross monthly income. Conditionally approved applicants may be required to pay additional deposits or advanced rent to reserve a property.
Rental History – If your most recent residence is a rental property, you will need to provide a copy of the lease agreement and one of the following: (i) six months of bank statements showing monthly rental payments, (ii) six months of canceled rent checks or (iii) six months of rent payment receipts. Applicants who are unable to verify recent rental payments may be required to pre-pay last month’s rent prior to move-in. Proof of rental payments does not apply to applicants who owned their own home for the 6 months prior to the lease term.
Guarantors – A guarantor will be required for applicants who are students or who cannot provide proof of verifiable income, but otherwise meet all other application requirements. Guarantors must meet the following requirements:
- Credit – Credit score of 650 or higher
- Income – Income is at least 4 times the rent
Guarantors are restricted to family members who assume responsibility for all payments pursuant to the Lease.
Pets / Animals – You are required to disclose in your application all pets that will reside in the property. Maximum pets allowed is 3 and each pet will be approved on a case-by-case basis. Akitas, Alaskan Malamutes, Cane Corsos, Chows Chows, Dobermans, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Huskies, Mastiffs, Pit Bulls, Pinschers, Presa Canarios, Ridgebacks, Rottweilers, St. Bernards, Terriers, and Wolf-hybrids, and all breeds / mixed breeds of these animals are not permitted on any Premises. The Landlord retains the the right to restrict other breeds or specific animals at its sole discretion.
- Pets are subject to a one-time nonrefundable fee of $200 per pet due at move-in, except as prohibited by law. The pet fee does not apply to service animals* or for small caged animals.
- *A service animal is any animal that assists a person with a physical or mental impairment. A service animal is not a pet.
- A resident may not keep more than two 30-gallon or larger aquariums in the home
- Applicants may be asked to provide a photograph and veterinary records showing that vaccinations are current for each pet
- Resident(s) will abide by the rules and regulations of any applicable Homeowners’ Association (HOA) and/or local ordinances as it relates to pet and breed restrictions
Smoking Policy – Smoking is strictly prohibited inside any unit.
Final decisions on all applications are based on standard criteria set by the Landlord, including rental and credit history, ability to pay rent and background check results. Applicants will be automatically denied for any of the following:
- Prior Evictions within three (3) years of application
- Average combined credit score for all Applicants is below 500
- Identity cannot be verified
- Income cannot be verified
- Open bankruptcies or bankruptcies within past 3 years
- Insufficient income – Total rent payment per month is more than 46% of the applicants’ combined verifiable gross monthly income
- Any landlord collection in the past 3 years
- Overdue debt of $5000 or more, including balances on outstanding civil judgments (does not include student loans or medical bills/debt)
- A conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance
- Registered Sex Offenders
- Misrepresentation(s) or falsifications of application
5 Application Needs
Your application is complete only upon our receipt of all five (5) application requirements listed below.
3. Attach Income Verification Documents
1. If employed by a company – Recent pay stubs to verify your monthly income and employment. Two (2) if paid twice per month or four (4) if paid weekly.
2. If self-employed / business owner – Most recent tax return and 6 months bank statement summary.
Documents can be attached during the application process. However, if you do not attach documents/identification with the Lease Application, you must email these documents securely to us at email@example.com. Please be sure to include the rental property address and your full name when sending by email.